Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mornings' Rat Race, or Something...

Woke up at 20 after 6.  Showered, dressed, cat doctored and fed.

                                                (Yes, this is me in the morning)

Out the door I go, shoes in hand.  I thought it snowed, but really it had just froze.  Chickens out, dogs in.  Shoot, my pickup is frozen solid, I wonder why my mama failed to mention the artic temperatures when she left.  The donkeys are making noises at me, and I can't find my ice-scraper.  Start the pickup, defrost ON!  Feed 1 foundered donkey, another old yet frisky donkey and an old, barren and blind cow.  Where am I exactly?

Check on defrosting; nothing.  Hmm, is that the inside thats wet?  Oh, fun, the inside of the windshield is also frozen.  Let's see here, dirty string gloves or 1 lonely, unmatched, left-over striped sock.  Sock, definitely the sock, it's clean. I think.  Super.  What a mess I made.  Crap it's 7:2 something, and I have 36 miles to go before 8!  Well gotta see first.  Trailer light adapters don't work overly well when scraping ice, but will work in a pinch.  Ok that's good enough, I can sorta see ;) 

30 minutes, 35 miles.

Are the roads icy, or is it too cold?  Brake test!  Nope, too cold.  Excellent.  Buckle up and Pray.

Juicy Squeeze, check.  Pound of chocolate on center console, check.  La Roux blaring on the stereo, check.  Down the road.  Temperature rising, not so cold down-river.  Oh look, there's a Bald Eagle. G'DAY!  Mmmm, love chocolate. 

EEE. That corner looked cold. Seiad. Hate having to slow down.  Quite cold here too, same snow like frost. 

18 miles, 15 minutes.

VROOM!  Why am I so tired? Oh yea, I'm probably narcoleptic.  Oh good, Amber's house.

15 miles, 12 minutes.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

10 miles, 10 minutes.

Oh no, is that a car up there? Catch it on the way up the mountain.  UGH! This man is ruining my average ;)
THWAP!  WTH?!  Yikes, the lunge whip from the back seat made a front seat appearance.  Glad it went over my head.  OK, just tuck that in the visor like so...  Finally on the flat, headed into the big city of HC.  Dang it, get off my face, stay put!  I hate following other cars ;)  WHOO!

3 minutes, 0 miles.

Park, fight with whip, grab wallet and keys.  Run in.  Yep, I sure did make it.  8 o'clock straight up.

Now I'm countin change, listening to beep beeps and brightly handing out Good Mornings and Have a Great Day!  No meat cutting this Thursday... 

Should've got up 20 minutes earlier...


XO

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment