Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Monday, April 28, 2014

You Can't Hold Me Back

Like so many new songs I've discovered I found this little gem on Spotify.  While these beautiful ladies are not new comers by any stretch, they are new to me.  Sweethearts of the Rodeo are two sisters, Janis Oliver and Kristine Arnold and they debuted in 1986 with Hey Doll Baby.  Their last record was released 17 years ago because they chose to put their career on hold while they raised their families and enjoyed their lives.

I absolutely love You Can't Hold Me Back!  So many women settle for a lesser love all in the name of fulfilling "the dream" but end up unhappy and ultimately unfulfilled.  I had what I thought was the ultimate love but if I were still in that relationship I wouldn't be where I am today.  I wouldn't have had the chance to learn how to cut meat, or a few extra years spent with my family.  I certainly wouldn't be about to move several states away for work.  I would have graduated on time but in doing so have missed out on all of the great things I've done in that time period.  Even though I try my best to keep attention off of me I tend to stand out.  Whether it be my loud voice, infectious laugh or the fact that I fall a lot, somehow I end up sticking out in a crowd.  "Because I'm a white rose blooming in a field of red".  Isn't that such a fantastic line?  I apologize for not being able to find the lyrics but here's a video of them singing live, so I hope you enjoy.  Check out their CD Restless I think it's a good one. 






XO Loves,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment