Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Beautiful Women From Our Past...

Women in the old days flat had class.  They were amazing!  There were a lot of new opportunities for women at the turn of the century.  By 1928 women were earning 39% of the college degrees given in the US.  In 1933 Frances Perkins became the first woman cabinet member.  In 1943 the All-American Women's Baseball League was founded.  In 1955 Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on the bus, starting the Montgomery bus boycott.

I'm really into history, and while I'm not a feminist I do think the women that fought for our rights were strong and unbelievably courageous! So here are some pictures I Googled that I thought were fun.











You may recognize some of these women, but for the most part it was just a random selection :)




XO Loves,


Me

No comments:

Post a Comment