Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Monday, April 29, 2013

One of One

Things have been crazy hectic lately for me, 5 midterms piled on at one time, moving across town and the stress of mis-managed time. Thankfully, there's only 6 weeks of school left, and then Summer.  I wrote this the other night, when I was feeling quite caught up in it all.  I'm just me, love me or hate me, I'll always be me. 

I like big horses, quality leather and fancy silver.
Good dogs and black hats with silver binding.

I like cold beer and Huckleberry Vodka.
Bright colored scarves, gawdy jewelry and too much make-up.

I have too many shoes and too much nail polish.

I hate scuffing new boots, and cow sh!# stains that never come out of jeans.

I like the sound of a Swiss cow bell and a bawlin' calf.
A cool breeze on a hot and sweaty day.

The taste of fresh mountain spring water.
It's just better.

I like the sounds of the mountain when you have patience enough to sit and listen.

I don't like dirt in my teeth, or the choked feeling of buttoning the top button on a shirt.

I like the smell of chap leather and the way my chinks fit perfectly. 
.I like a horse with no quit, one who will give all it's got.

I love a fresh rain. 
The dangerous clap of thunder, from a lightning strike too close.
The electricity left behind.

I like the trust and faith of it all.

I don't fit into any mold.  Beautiful, wild, loud and true.

I'm just me and I like it....






XO Loves,


Me





No comments:

Post a Comment