Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Home

Where are you from?  Where do you call home?

Such an easy question can at times be difficult to answer.  When I was younger in the span of 3 years, I had moved 9 times.  Good thing I had a PO Box, because that would have been a lot of address changes.  I used to joke that I never got called in for jury duty because they could never track me down, but seriously it's probably true.  Most recently I moved to Utah from Oregon.  Most of my animals are in California, the majority of my belongings are in Oregon, the necessities here with me in Utah.  Where am I from you ask?  I guess I don't know.  I think it's a Jason Boland song that says, "I have a harmless habit of being fine wherever I am".  That pretty much sums up my life.

Yesterday I called to try and get internet at my house.  He needed an address, only I truly do not have one.  We don't pay our own utilities, just a flat rate to the government which comes out of our checks.  There's no address on the agreement I signed and we can't get mail here.  The man asked if I could ask a neighbor.  Umm, if I don't have an address I probably don't have neighbors either.  He really couldn't understand the concept.

One of my roommates constantly complains of being bored, granted she also doesn't have a car having flown here from the East Coast. I have yet to feel that way.  Quite the contrary, I've felt rushed for time since I got here.  Having so much to get done each day that I rarely go to bed on time.  Of course I can probably count on 2 hands the number of times I've truly been bored in life.  I'm easily amused.  I've been here for almost 2 weeks now and it still feels like a dream.  I can't get over the fact that I finally graduated and now have 3 degrees.  I'm getting spoiled by the high country, where 85 is considered hot.  Try as I may, I can't avoid the effect of the sun.  Slowly deepening the color of my skin. My hands haven't been this dark in years.  I love it all.

 I fully embrace the old saying, "Home is where you hang your hat".

Xo Loves,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment