Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Friday, July 27, 2012

I Can Laugh

I laughed tonight. Truly and Fully.

My life's highway has gotten a little rough lately.  But I hear a paving crew's coming soon.

When I left work tonight, a half-naked man was standing outside by the soda machines.  Now this isn't just any random man.  He looks homeless but isn't and his name's Joe(last name omitted for privacy of course).  Joe has 3 dogs and a formerly homeless. currently crazy lady and her 2 kids living with him.  He must be in his 50's.  Scruffy, scrubby and icky.  Today his fashion astounded me.  No shirt, cargo shorts, knee-high black socks and his man purse that has chickens on it.

As I drove past the store, Joe was chillin'.  Get this, leaning on against a post, legs crossed, arms crossed, cooly sippin' on a soda.  Like James Dean or something!  I'm not sure why I found this so funny.  But the site completely amused me.  I'm generally a happy person, but I haven't laughed like that in, well I don't know how long.  It didn't last long, but the happiness flowed through my entire body.

It was nice to finally truly laugh again....




xoxo loves,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment