Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Friday, July 13, 2012

Moonlight and Crickets

When I started writing this, there was a full moon.  Tonight there really is no moonlight.  Which is a pity because it makes everything look so beautiful.  Tonight it's just stars and crickets...

There's millions and billions and trillions of stars outside.  Twinkling, blinking and burning.  So far away the distance is unfathomable.  From my front porch I can't see much.  Partly because I have to have a light on to write and partly because trees and a mountain block my view.  But walking across the yard earlier when I got home, I noticed the Big Dipper was right over my little green house.  Or so it seems anyway.

A soft breeze blows down the creek.  Rustling the leaves of the orchard around me.  Apple trees my dad played under as a little boy.  Huge un-identifiable trees that have endured floods, storms, passing of family and time.

I love cool summer nights.  It's 70 degrees.  Crickets chirping in the background.  The crunch of bone my dog's chewing on.  The oh so familiar sound of my black dogs' dog tags.  The fan desperately trying to blow cool air into the house.  The occasional sound of bats as they blitz around in search of food.  The cats rustling in the tall grass before the dogs chase them off. 

As I continue my nightly gazing of the stars, I'm comforted by the fact that they're the same stars the man I once thought of as the love of my life sees, as well as the man who actually will be.  No matter where we are, the sky is always the same.  Giving people who are hundreds of miles apart a sense of connection.  A bond that can't be broken until the break of day...


XOXO Loves


Me



No comments:

Post a Comment