Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Missing You

I miss his gruff voice.  Their loving bickering.  The smell of her Tabu perfume.  The familiar clink of ice in the nightly high-ball.  The strong hand that ran our family.

I  miss the sound of him chewing gum.  The seriousness of every look.  The tall quiet southern man who was once the bull of the woods.

I miss his arms around me, his chin resting on the top of my head. The sense of belonging.  Being loved.  Feeling safe.  His crooked flat hat.  The blue eyes that looked into my soul.

I miss his semi-negative influence.  The uncanny way he always knew when I was down.  The fun we had.  My friend.

I miss her clunky rough gate.  Her very female attitude.  Her silky soft coat.  Her big round feet.  We were a team.  She took care of me every time out.

I miss the sound of her jingle-bell.  How tiny she was.  She growled and barked at every stranger, and every boy.  Even getting locked out of my pickup in subzero temperatures.  Her warmth at my feet under the covers.

I miss her fierce little face.  Her scars from battles won.  Her undying loyalty.  Constantly stumbling over her because she always had to be close.  Her protective nature.  My best friend.

I miss the love lost, the friends of my past.  Feelings felt and torn.  I miss what for now are my good ole' days.

But I don't miss the heartache and pain.  I'm just missing you.



Xoxo Loves,

Me

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this was really good! I ache for you because I know what it's like to loose your best friend, on both counts...hugs beautiful! You have try and you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means so much. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete