Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hershey's Hanna aka Elvira

In 2011 I made the decision to sell a 6 year old grade mare I got from a guy in Halfway, OR.  She was still in a snaffle but coming along very nicely, and well patterned on barrels.  The problem was that she was just too short for me.  She had a great build but wasn't 15 hands.  I liked Socorra a lot and kind of wished my dad would have just taken her.  I didn't have to sell her to a stranger though, instead I traded her back to the breeder for a coming 3 yr old un-broke registered filly that was by Soco's Sire's Sire.  It was a tough decision and it wasn't any time at all that the breeder was heeling on Soco.  Little miss Elvira may have been similarly colored, but had a completely different attitude.  I've been around several horses from this guy and I've been impressed with them all. Elvira is still far from green-broke but I want to make sure she's started right, and she's doing really well. I took a picture of her butt the other day and was surprised how much she's grown since I've had her.  She's just about right at 15 hands, which isn't big, but I wanted a shorter horse since my other 2 are tall. So here are some pictures of Socorra and Elvira.
Socorra right before I traded her. Not a very good picture, but I only have a couple on this computer
                     A very fat Soco                                                  

                                             Elvira when I first got her.
                                                    Summer of 2011
                                                Spring 2012
 
Summer 2012

 
Fall 2012

 
And Elvira now.

With the exception of a mustang I got when I was 10 this is the first horse I've had that I've gotten to do all of the training on.  It's quite exciting, and I have high hopes for Miss Ellie. I think what these photos have shown me is that I seriously need to work on my photo taking skills, and should probably start using an actual camera...


Xo Loves,


Me






No comments:

Post a Comment