Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Macie vs. Town Deer

This post was supposed to go out last week, but we had internet malfunctions and it didn't happen. This was also in lieu of a post I wanted to do on very old books I found in the basement of our University library.  I am very proud of my little Macie, who is now 18 weeks. For those of you who don't know she's the grand-pup of my late Fanncie.  So she has some big paws to fill, such as it were haha.

While I do live in town, we're on the outskirts kind of and we have a big lot, with an abandoned lot next door.  It's not strange to have deer grazing around in the back yard, and they often times bed down in the back corner.  Tonight was no different.  I let Macie out and there were 5 Mule Deer outside.  She sat on the edge of the porch barking her little fool head off, I was quite amused.  The deer, the fawns in particular came wandering in wondering about the little white creature making noise.  The fawn would move in, Macie would move back, and so it went.  Finally this fawn came right up to the edge of the porch, and I thought she was going to step up on it!  We've had bucks walk on it before.  Macie was quite upset, she growled and moved around, not showing a ton of confidence but better than most. This was her first encounter with deer and I think she did quite well!  So even though we live in town and she only sees horses every couple of days, she can still learn how to be a working dog.







XO Loves,


Me

No comments:

Post a Comment