Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Skittish

When I stop and think about the relationships I've had, I realize I may appear to be broken.  Now incapable of an emotion that used to come so freely.  Like a kind, trusting, green colt that was abandoned and bucked out.  All of it's trust swiftly lost at the foolish hand of a single man.  The kindness it once knew replaced by a meanness it does not understand.  What it once knew as a soft word and kind touch, all it now knows is it must ever be wary and watchful of a brutal and course hand.  Unable to remember what came before.  Too scared to try and allow anyone in close.  It's turned wild and fights every advancement, friend or foe.  Eyes wide and wild, it visibly shakes at your approach.  The fear much more obvious than my own, but I see a part of myself in those pale blue eyes.  Too stubborn to back down completely.  Somewhere behind the pain, deep in the swirling depths is the true heart of the animal.  While our current choice may be to run away I believe that someday we can both stand our ground and accept a kind hand.

(Spook)

XO Loves,


Me

No comments:

Post a Comment