Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Traveling...



growing up we always had to travel everywhere.  my grade-school was only five miles away, but town and high-school was thirty seven.   it didn't matter where we went, it was always at least an hour on a narrow curvy road, following a river.  not good when you get car sick.

so for four years i caught the bus at six thirty four am or if i got to drive, id leave at seven.  then i graduated and for some reason  chose to go to a community college ten hours away.  man what a drive.  the first couple of years i went home several times a year.  it then dwindled down to rarely making it back to the river where i grew up.  gas prices rose, i had a pickup, horses, cats, dogs and a fiance.  quite a lot to pack across and down the state.

in an effort to be closer to home, after graduating from bmcc i transferred to osu in corvallis.  where it rains.  a lot.  the place we lived in had stalls and a small arena, but there were leaks everywhere, how could there not be when they get a couple of feet of rain a year.  my eccentric landlady compared it to a rainforest with a winter, and how right she was.  i wasn't raised in the desert, but we also didn't pack snorkels and flippers.  corvallis lasted six months.  then i moved to norwood, co which is much like eastern, or but at a much higher elevation, with prickly pear and uranium.  at first i worried that my horses feet would be sore after riding through cactus, but they were all right  i spent the summer interning for blm and riding colts for a ranch in olathe.  gelbviehs seem to be a crowd pleaser in that country.  school again started for me in september in la grande, or.  where i lived in the same apartment for nine months.... can you even believe it....  first time since i left home that id stayed that long in one place.  five moves later, i was back in pendleton.  i seem to be drawn to this little town with the huge rodeo.  but im a restless sort.  and i can now move my horses and belongings in my trailer.  pretty handy when you cant stay put for very long.  i usually move along every three months or so.  



then about two weeks ago i got ready to pack it all up and move home while i go to a beauty college in southern oregon.  im still not sure how im going to do with being tied down for at least fifteen months...  i suppose it wont be too bad with all the driving and the numerous projects my dad and i have planned.  at least ill always be busy.  along with training my new filly and breeding my thoroughbred mare.  

my parents and i are now on the road, and currently going through portland.  my mamma and i are in my pickup pulling the uhaul and my daddys behind us in their pickup with my ponies.  oh and of course miss lottie lou is in the back seat.  earlier in the rain by multonomah falls my mamma and i sang a song to my daddy over the walkie talkie.  he loved it. haha.

i suppose i could safely say that from an early age i was just destined to travel like a gypsy.....


thats all for now my pretties        

xo


me


No comments:

Post a Comment