Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunsets and Fairytales

Sun sank low.  Green fields and hazy pink skies.  The smoldering heat of the day slowly dissipating.  Another fun whirlwind weekend over.  Evening chores done.  Sprinkler sprinkling, fans on high.  Finally a chance to sit on my porch and just Be.  Sitting outside writing in the semi-dark, listening to my favorite artist, ever.  Her and her sister have been and continue to inspire me.  They allow us to believe in who we are and encourage all to be who they've always wanted to be.  To continue to learn and grow and to never give up on a dream.

I've kind of been reflecting on the men I've had in my life(they should be so lucky!).  The good and the bad.  Mistakes made and lessons learned.  Nearing the end of this chapter in my life.  And like the pretty, smoky sunset tonight I'm laying to rest all the negative, bad and sad.  Tomorrow's sunrise is my first day of this new found freedom.  43 days until school begins.  43 days to just be me.

I must admit it's been quite awhile since I was actually excited about school.  I've missed my friends and the life I had in E. OR.  It's hard to be so far from family, and it's rare I get the chance to come home, but I love it.  I look forward to the new experiences, new people and new memories.  This time I'm ready for it all.  After-all it is my fairytale and I'll live it however I so choose...




Xoxo Loves,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment