Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Monday, March 25, 2013

Our Journey Through Life

I started watching a new TV series, Private Practice, well it's not actually new, I'm just newly watching it.  One of the main characters goes a little crazy, and has a breakdown over her ex-boyfriend of 3 years, suddenly marrying someone new.  It kind of hit home, and I had a little breakdown of my own.  Fortunately one of the greatest girl-friends a girl could have was able to set me straight again.  She's been my rock through so much and I just love her for it.

I had a nice busy day spent with friends and horses and it did wonderful things for lining me out.  Tonight I have a pile of bridles that need cleaning, but I decided to do a little reading first.  There were 2 wonderful quotes that oddly enough really fit into my current situation.  I don't do a Quote of the week thing really, but I thought I'd share.  "Every journey toward something is a journey away from something".  How true is that?  We always concentrate on moving forward, being a different, better version of ourselves, but do we ever consider that we're also leaving something behind?  That's a positive thing, but we should consider that in order to move forward we have to leave the past behind.  "You cannot journey to a new place and at the same time stay where you are".  Just marvelous!  I love it.

As a part of moving forward and being a different person, I decided to join a faith.  I was raised in a non-denominational church, so I'm not really converting so much as simply choosing a faith I most identify with.  I'm very happy with my choice and in fact I'm going to be baptized on Holy Saturday.  My parents are coming up and it'll be the best Easter ever.  A part of my classes requires I read a religious book written by Mathew Kelly, and it's not dry reading at all.  That's where these quotes came from, and I'm so thankful to be given this opportunity, now. 

A great thing about being baptized now is that all of the sins I've committed up to this point will be forgiven.  It truly is a chance to start anew.  A chance to be the best me I can be.  This is my chance to leave it all behind, and I'm welcoming the change with open arms. I'm definitely looking forward to this new journey in life.


Xo Loves,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment