Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Strange Moment of the Day

Drifters, transients, hippies, free spirits, call them what you will.  We've all seen them.  The aimless wanderers that you just aren't sure whether or not their homeless. 

Today was Super Bowl Sunday.  I don't really like football and I didn't particularly care about either team (although it's totally awesome the Seahawks won their first Super Bowl) so rather than settling in to watch the game I went to the grocery store.  I wandered about, stocking up on my non-perishables and buying the fresh food I need for the beginning of the week.  I rolled my cart out to my pickup and started unloading my groceries when I heard music playing.  It was pretty loud and I just assumed it was a stereo.  It's cold and snowing.  As I finished up and put my cart away I saw 3 people sitting in front of the store, with a dog.  I don't know where they came from, they weren't there when I walked out.  One of the guys and the girl were playing guitars and were really good.  Every once in a awhile you'd hear some lyrics of some sort, but they were just sitting there in the light snow jammin' away without a care in the world.  The other guy soon sat down and began to pat his knees as if he were playing bongos.  It seemed odd, since that sort of thing doesn't often happen in this little town and even odder because the weather was kind of crappy. 

Whether they were homeless and playing for money or just hippies feeling their music it was a nice break from my boring day and I appreciated their commitment.  I wish I could have hung around longer, I do so enjoy listening to people play guitars.  So here's to those 3 people, may you play your little hearts out no matter where your road leads!






XO Loves,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment