Scorup Cabin

Scorup Cabin

Sunday, February 23, 2014

With a Whisper

Brenn Hill has quickly become one of my favorite artists.  I first heard his music while listening to a random playlist on Slacker and I've been hooked ever since.  In fact I moved from Pendleton the last time just before he had a show at Hamley's.  I was very disappointed!  I love his voice, and unlike so many mainstream artist's these days his songs actually tell a story.  I also enjoy that they're cowboy songs.  If you have Spotify here's a link that will allow you to listen to it.  Here's one of my favorites, With a Whisper. 

With A Whisper
Brenn Hill/Red Cliffs Press Music (BMI)
Verse 1:
Show me the ways of horsemen
Rope halter, snaffle, and bosal
Screw me down tight on the buckers
I wanna ride this colt through hell
Tell me the Roughrider's secrets
How to 9-1-1 your latigo
To cross her feet in a tussle
When to hang on when to let go
Chorus:
You are a modern contradiction
You hold to the ways of yesterday
You wooly buckaroo
I wish I was you
You say all there is to say
With a whisper
Verse 2:
Soft-mouthed and always lookin' for you
I see obedience in her eye
Her ears are ever-leanin' forward
Between the desert and the sky
With a fancy wild-rag 'round your neck
Jingle-bobs are singin' outta tune
Just you and her until the sun sets
Here upon the far Owyhee moon
Repeat Chorus
Verse 3:
Show me the ways of horsemen
Rope halter,snaffle, and bosal
Teach me the Roughrider's secrets
I wanna ride this colt through hell

No comments:

Post a Comment